NKNCat

Trolley Modeling in N Scale

Subscribe vis RSS

House Moving ~ Thursday, July 21, 2016

The other day I got on a train to work, which showed up about when I expected mine, but turned out to be an express that skipped my usual stop of Mountain View, and my usual alternative stop of Sunnyvale, and went all the way to Santa Clara. I'm still not sure if I reached the station earlier than usual, and wasn't paying attention, or if CalTrain was delayed and I was getting on a train that was supposed to be a little earlier.

There wasn't a train heading back north for quite a while, but I had my bike. Riding all the way to my office was a bit farther than I had in mind, but there was a good route to a VTA light rail stop (near Great America and the new 49er's stadium).

Santa Clara is full of interesting model-worthy old houses ranging in style from Victorian to Craftsman. I came across one in the process of being moved, and took some pictures.

direct link