NKNCat

Trolley Modeling in N Scale

Subscribe vis RSS

Tel's Novel-T ~ Monday, June 04, 2007

I've had a few Tel's Novel-T Ford Model T kits waiting for assembly for many years.

Basically you start with this:



Then fold, snip, solder and/or glue, and end up with:



Put right next to some of my other autos, it's noticeably oversize, not strictly N scale. Still, it was fun, and a good way to try to learn how to do folded brass kits.

One thing I learned: older kits like this tell you to solder, but CA is way, way easier--though some times you really need a good blob of solder to fill a gaps. Maybe thicker gel-type CA would work, though.

Maybe now I'll have the courage to take on one of the newer, more to-scale, but heck of a lot fiddlier looking µArt kits... or finally build some of those Western Railcraft interurban kits I've been hoarding.

direct link